Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome...to Austria

About to leave, I finally find time to blog about my time in Austria. 

First of all, of course, I have no one to thank more than my dear sister Sandra, who hosted me, found things for me to do, and didn't laugh too much when I made no sense just off the plane, and tried to speak German (very, very badly). 

The mountains, as you can see here, are more than a little bit nice.  I did find myself humming tunes from The Sound of Music as I hiked through them.  I also learned that Austrians learn to ski before they can walk, because of slopes like this:
So basically I'm casually visiting one of the most beautiful places on earth, but, you know...whatever...
I have been spending most of my time alone, which has been a good challenge for me, or surrounded by German-speakers, which has silenced me for probably the first time in decades--definitely a good exercise for me.  So far, a wonderful experience all around!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and good to hear an update from you. Safe travels!
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete